Sunday, June 13, 2010

5/23/2010: Involve me and I'll understand - George Gillas and Inna Berlizyeva

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand  ~Chinese proverb

Chad and co-host George Gillas, joined later by Inna Berlizyeva, talk about learning styles, in life and in dance. Knowing the modes through which people learn  - visual, auditory, kinesthetic, digital - is important both for teachers and for learners in order that we gain the most from all learning opportunities.  Successful communication of all kinds (including teaching) makes use of all of the modes: pictures, movements, sounds, and lists. Those who wish to learn more efficiently can practice using their 'unfamiliar' modes to improve their success at learning. Most importantly, communication, teaching, learning, stays consciously in the present.

No comments: